Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Sewer line goes in

The metal roof is finally complete. One of the construction workers asked me today why we chose this kind of roof (I am getting used to puzzled looks and multiple questions about this project...). The answer is that it satisfies both criteria of form and function. Aesthetically, I simply love the look. Functionally, it never needs to be reshingled and it sheds snow like a dream.

The contractor we hired to do the water, sewer, and electrical connection called me last night and said he wanted to meet me on site before they began work the next morning at 7:00 am. We agreed to meet at 6:45. Somehow I managed to get there on time and the contractor --- you guessed it --- never showed. His crew DID however, and by the end of the day we had a sewer line.

The sewer main was nearly 12 feet beneath the street. Quite a trench...

It was raining this morning and when I took this picture, the guys all jumped a mile. They thought it was lightning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice trench safety protocol:)